Lifereef and Co2 scrubber

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a used 24" model. I have a couple of questions. My skimmer compartment has a constant depth of 9.5 inches. I am running the skimmer with a jebao dcp10000 I’m having trouble figuring out what power level to run the skimmer. How much power is too much? I am also having problems seeing the bubble line to know if I’m setup correctly. Manual says set it to sticker. Does that mean top of bubbles should be that height? I plumbed in a co2 scrubber, but I am worried an accidental overflow will suck water through my brs c02 scrubber. How do you avoid this issue? I know the lifereef is less likely to overflow, but it can still happen. I have also noticed a fair amount of moisture collects in the line from the cup to the skimmer. How do I prevent that from getting drawn into the media? Unfortunately I can’t mount my co2 scrubber so that it sits higher than the skimmer, the cup outlet and scrubber are the same height.

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a used 24" model. I have a couple of questions. My skimmer compartment has a constant depth of 9.5 inches. I am running the skimmer with a jebao dcp10000 I’m having trouble figuring out what power level to run the skimmer. How much power is too much? I am also having problems seeing the bubble line to know if I’m setup correctly. Manual says set it to sticker. Does that mean top of bubbles should be that height? I plumbed in a co2 scrubber, but I am worried an accidental overflow will suck water through my brs c02 scrubber. How do you avoid this issue? I know the lifereef is less likely to overflow, but it can still happen. I have also noticed a fair amount of moisture collects in the line from the cup to the skimmer. How do I prevent that from getting drawn into the media? Unfortunately I can’t mount my co2 scrubber so that it sits higher than the skimmer, the cup outlet and scrubber are the same height.
You may have trouble adjusting your skimmer in 9.5" of water I have mine sitting in around 7.5" and it puts the water line about 1/2 way on the valve. You will want the bubles to start at the bottom of the sticker.
As far as the CO2 scrubber I can't help you as I do not have one. I think i have read that a little moisture is desirable.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your skimmer recirculates like mine with the tube going from the side of the cup to the venturi then you put new air in through the hole in the lid. That is where the outside air goes into mine.

I do not have a variable pump on mine. The foam water interface on mine is set to the bottom of the sticker.

Back