Light fell into my aquarium

ronaldo34

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
29
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I woke up this morning and my light was in my tank , as in completely submerged and I took the light out but it seems like the water got cloudy can anyone help me out ?
 
Is anything dead? If you potentially electrocuted the tank and anything died, cloudiness could be due to ammonia spike causing a bacterial bloom.

Best course of action: water change and aeration, add some carbon helps.
 
No no fish are did I don’t have corals , my nem is doing fine and the fish are as well , it’s a cloudy like not to much but it’s never looked like that only after a water change
 
A large water change would be my recommendation too. Any chance you can save the light? keep it unplugged and rinse off the salt water. Let it dry out a day or 2 and try it.
 
As mentioned, water change, carbon.
As far as the light, you said it was completely submerged. I'm assuming it's a led light. There is no way I would ever trust that light again, even if you managed to get it to come on. It's garbage. Toss it.
 
I’d toss in come activated carbon to pick up any impurities. Energized copper wire can release copper ions into the saltwater like an electrode.

Large water change wouldn’t hurt either.
 
No no fish are did I don’t have corals , my nem is doing fine and the fish are as well , it’s a cloudy like not to much but it’s never looked like that only after a water change
sounds like it stirred up detris or other things sitting on your rocks.
 
So I woke up this morning and my light was in my tank , as in completely submerged and I took the light out but it seems like the water got cloudy can anyone help me out ?
Unplug the light!
If you didn't have a fire or instant loss of critters I think He has already helped alot!
I would run some Cuprisorb as a precaution and get a new light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new