Light for 55g all coral tank

24/7ReeFTime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
212
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a 55 gallon and I need I better light I want a light that is sufficient for all corals and ramps up/down. I was hopping less than $300 but a little more is ok. I would like a more blue tinting to.
Thanks in advance.
 
I just mentioned this on another thread too but I really like my ocean revives on my 75g mixed reef. They are 179 a piece.
 
AI's are great. Since the new 32's just came out you can get really cheap 26's which should be more than enough for any corals in a 55g. Just be careful not to go full blast. Rent a PAR meter or ask others what settings they've used in the past. I just wrote a post about my new 32HD with PAR results on a 45g cube.
 
For under $300 each 2 Hydra 26s will grow any coral you want. I just got the 32s and they are awesome lights. If your budget is in the $300 total range 2 Noopsyche K7 Pros would be a good choice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new