Light for a 13 gallon aquatop

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a light for an aquatop 13 gallon tank. The dimensions are 15.25x13.25x15. I plan on keeping rfa’s, acans, mushrooms. I don’t want to break the bank on it. Would a Kessil tuna blue work or crew 30 watt? Need some input other than a AI Prime.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a light for an aquatop 13 gallon tank. The dimensions are 15.25x13.25x15. I plan on keeping rfa’s, acans, mushrooms. I don’t want to break the bank on it. Would a Kessil tuna blue work or crew 30 watt? Need some input other than a AI Prime.
kessil tuna blue would probably be overkill unless you're going heavy sps, you can go for a cheaper option for sure

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have both the Kessil A80 and the Nicrew 30W. I think both are good lights but I do prefer the Kessil. That said the Nicrew comes with the mount and the Kessil one is sold seperately. . . if that matters to you.

The Nicrew threw off some weird shimmer and the individual LED spectrums were more visible compared to the Kessil that seemed more uniform color.

again both are good but if money is no object go with the Kessil. . .

Also, may be able to remove the lenses or something on the Nicrew to get a better/different result.

I have used, and still use Fluval Nanos. I like them but they are a bit on the whiter side and I would probably recommend more than one if wanting to grow SPS.

Other options might be ReefLED 50 by Red Sea or some type of bar light depending on the tank shape. . .

budget?

Last edited:

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SMATFARM Aquarium Light - 60Watts Reef Light for Coral Sunrise Sunset Moonlight Fish Tank Light with Screen Timer for Marine AquariumSaltwater Aquarium Tanks Corals https://a.co/d/aCIi5nk

Or

NICREW 30 Watts Aquarium LED Reef Light, Dimmable Full Spectrum Marine LED for Saltwater Coral Fish Tanks https://a.co/d/iaTKU1S

These would both be good choices

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back