Light mover question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickyrooz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
1,145
Location
Newtown, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in currently in the planning stages of a frag tank system. I was thinking of using two 50 gallon Rubbermaid stock tanks and putting them next to each other. I wanted to use one 250 watt metal halide in a Lumen Bright Large reflector for my lighting. In order to cover the two tanks I planned to use a the Light Rail 3.5 6RPM motor. How long should my light cycle be? The light can travel the 6 foot distance in 6-7 minutes.
 
Hello I just got my Light mover yesterday and cant wait to install it!! I got the same one you talked about and seems like a very nice unit!!
I
m going to put it on a 72x18x12 frag tank and run a Hammy Cayman Sun set up. I'm going to start out with a 8 hr cycle I have an LED bar I'm using for moon lites. Hope this does the trick!!!
Dave
 
So how has the light mover worked for you guys? Any reliability issues? What light cycle have you found to work best?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new