Light Questions

clowndude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been wondering for a while and haven't really come up with much in my google searches on this topic.

I wanted to know how MH vs T5 vs LED effected SPS and based on the color spectrum what kind of results or reactions would you get out of SPS. So say you have a AI Sol blue with it set to say around 20K spectrum limited to it's color range of course, what would be the end all results or say red or pink sps?

I really wish I could get different light setups and experienment with the same water being pumped through all system, just with different lights. Has anybody ever found someone who has done this experierment and what kind of results did they get?

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my radiums turn some of my red sps neon green. my rose milli turned mostly green same with my bottle rocket but some maintain pink and red fine. generally 10k will support the red colors better than 20k. And 20k will maintain purples and greens better than the 10k. I have leds and t5's on my frag tank and 400w halides on my dt. My 40g frag tank is tied into my dt through my chiller so all my water is the same. Different lights do have different effects but its not definate. For example my superman digi only maintains blue under the whiter leds and t5s but just looks like a normal red digi under the 20k radiums. my rainbow monti's and my joses rainbow milli maintain there rainbowness better underneath the leds than under the halides. But one thing i have noticed no coral maintains the same colors under both types of lighting there is always a change.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back