Light Recommendations - NUVO 200 INT Peninsula

I use a floating canopy and find it minimal and modern. Not like a traditional canopy. Currently it has a halide kessil combo.
20201114_143917.jpg
 
You running T5's on the sides of those? How is SPS grow out? We run a Photo V2+ 50 on the 160g with T5s and it's got some really beefy PAR output.

I am not 100% sure of how the coloration is turning out, though. The PAR was actually so high near the top of the tank that a few of the SPS in our 160g were bleaching. We started only running the Photon V2+ for 4 hours per day.
I'm in the build stage, not running this tank yet. I have Viparspectra on my running tanks.
I do not plan on using T5s, just the Photon V2+ 2x32. My new tank is 30" tall and will be FOWLR /Softies/LPS, no SPS.
 
That's going to be a lottttt of light .
 
Gotta cook them corals good! I can post the channel %s tonight after work with a photo of wife's tank, she's gotten pretty good growth on SPS and LPS in there.

We run the BRS 160 KZ additives with Kalk and Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt.
 
Wow - 4 Photons seem like a.lot of. Light. Any update on the tank. Found your thread searching light options. Curious to know how you made out? My 200 ext will be here in May.
 
Worked great, tank was healthy for 2 years until we moved and I got divorced then it crashed. Don't recommend moving or divorcing! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new