Light schedule during the cycle?

ScubaSteve4Life

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
61
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a brand new all dry rock, live sand aquarium with the help of Red Sea's reef mature kit. I'd just like to know when my LED's should be on during the cycle. I've heard mixed opinions on this topic. Everyone saying keep them off seems to be to reduce algae though.
 
I'm starting a brand new all dry rock, live sand aquarium with the help of Red Sea's reef mature kit. I'd just like to know when my LED's should be on during the cycle. I've heard mixed opinions on this topic. Everyone saying keep them off seems to be to reduce algae though.

I'd keep them off during a cycle. Nothing to photosynthesize except nuisance algae. Run them when you you add fish and coral. JMTCW
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new