Light setting on Biocube

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a ai prime HD on my biocube thinking of adding a second one. I have it set to the SPS AB+ low power w/res but I’m not satisfied. I’ve asked for recommendations on AI group in FB but no one ever comments :/. Hoping I have better luck here
Will 2 lights help or should I just change the setting. I just feel like it’s not strong enough. Is it just me?

802036B1-8DA7-44C4-91B1-02366C23BCA1.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a ai prime HD on my biocube thinking of adding a second one. I have it set to the SPS AB+ low power w/res but I’m not satisfied. I’ve asked for recommendations on AI group in FB but no one ever comments :/. Hoping I have better luck here
Will 2 lights help or should I just change the setting. I just feel like it’s not strong enough. Is it just me?

That’s at 100%?

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fighting cyano at the moment excuse the ugliness. Is the setting I have it at right good?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fighting cyano at the moment excuse the ugliness. Is the setting I have it at right good?
If it gets that bright on its own I think you’d be good with just one. The cyano is most likely a nutrient issue not lighting.

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s at 100%?
No if I’m not mistaken that’s probably around 50-60%. I took it when it was going down already.
If it gets that bright on its own I think you’d be good with just one. The cyano is most likely a nutrient issue not lighting.
No yeah I’m not worried about the cyano. What kinda for me is that my corals aren’t as bright as when I first got them. That’s why I figured light wasn’t strong enough and wanted to change the settings just didn’t know to what

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No if I’m not mistaken that’s probably around 50-60%. I took it when it was going down already.

No yeah I’m not worried about the cyano. What kinda for me is that my corals aren’t as bright as when I first got them. That’s why I figured light wasn’t strong enough and wanted to change the settings just didn’t know to what
Raise the % 5 or 10 every week until your at 85 or 90. They will acclimate.

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the SPS AB+ low power w/res is good just raise the percentage?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the SPS AB+ low power w/res is good just raise the percentage?
I’m not sure what low power w/res means, but AB+ is a really good spectrum for sps. Yea raise the percentage 5 to 10 percent a week.

Bioman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bioman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running 2 AI Prime 16 Reef lights on my 29 gallon coralife biocube.I discussed the
settings for my tank with a local reef shop owner.
He recommended the following settings for my
prime when I was running just 1 prime light.
UV-30..Violet-40..RYB-80..Blu-80..Red-20..CW-20
Green-40..Moonlight-0-....Now I have added another (same) light & he told me I may need to
Reduce the UV so I lowered both to UV-20.Also
when I added the 2nd light it took me a while to
Figure out you have to reset the 1st light to factory reset for the app to recognize the 2nd
Then it updated & synchro both lights together
automatically.I added the 2nd light to cover the
tank front to rear & eliminate shadowing.Hope
this helps you move forward to success.My corals
seem to be happy but I’m still tweaking & watching.Also I’ve been using my aptasia x needle
& feeding reef-roids direct in a thick paste...

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%

Back