View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CHART 1
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 5.50.06 PM.png

CHART 2
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 6.03.15 PM.png

BY LOOKING AT THE LIGHT SPEC CHART ABOVE WOULD THIS LIGHT BE GOOD FOR GROWING CORAL AND SHOWING OFF THOSE COLORS?
BEFORE REVELING THE LIGHT TYPE AND BRAND IM INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT THE R2R COMMUNITY HAS TO SAY.

Last edited:

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BY LOOKING AT THE LIGHT SPEC CHART ABOVE WOULD THIS LIGHT BE GOOD FOR GROWING CORAL AND SHOWING OFF THOSE COLORS?
Based on chart 1, the PAR output of the white setting leans heavy red (corals generally don’t appreciate having a lot of red light, which is interesting given that it contains one of the Chlorophyll A absorption peaks), so that likely wouldn’t be great; additionally the blue spectrum PAR is weak enough (~36-39 PAR, depending on the setting use) that I wouldn’t expect it to grow much coral without multiple fixtures (from what I’ve heard, ~50-100 PAR [with primarily blue spectrum lighting] is considered low light for corals). Plus, this doesn’t tell us what distance these PAR readings were taken from - were they taken from 12”, 18”, 24”, etc.? Depending on the height/distance, these may only put like 5 blue spectrum PAR on the floor of a tank.

So, my thoughts are that its white spectrum seems like a bad fit for corals, and the blue spectrum seems weak, so I’d guess it probably wouldn’t be great for coral growth or coloration.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back