Light spectrum blend

reefermadness441

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef light that is programmable through an app. It has no direction and there are no English versions of instructions online. So my question is, what blend of light should I be using? Right now I start with with low white and red (5-10%) but start 50% with blue. I work my way to 50% white and red with 100% blue. I do this with a ramp-up and ramp-down, with the highest strength time being about 7 hours. My tank has been up for about 3 months. I have live rock and six damsels.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef light that is programmable through an app. It has no direction and there are no English versions of instructions online. So my question is, what blend of light should I be using? Right now I start with with low white and red (5-10%) but start 50% with blue. I work my way to 50% white and red with 100% blue. I do this with a ramp-up and ramp-down, with the highest strength time being about 7 hours. My tank has been up for about 3 months. I have live rock and six damsels.
Whatever is pleasing to your eye.
Are there only red, white and blue colors?
If so, exnay the red down to like 5% all day unless you want to grow algae.

The white and blue sounds fine.
100% blues and adjust the white to your liking.
I myself prefer a more daylit reef.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back