Light Suggestions

abagail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm planning on getting a new light(s) for my 90 gallon aquarium but with this I would honestly love some suggestions. Im planning to have a reef tank (soft corals). I currently have a Coralife T5 metal halide light but the two bigger lights have burned out and im unsure if i should replace them or upgrade my light all together. I currently have a GSP thats doing okay but before I go and spend 100 to replace two bulbs i just want some suggestions/input. I guess I don't exactly have a budget atm so feel free to throw ideas out there :)

tank dimensions 48L x 18W x 24H

OP
OP
abagail

abagail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting three ai prime 16hd's but im not sure if they are strong enough for my whole tank or to reach the bottom.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would likely just replace the bulbs. Is it 4x T5 and 2x 150 watt double ended MH?

OP
OP
abagail

abagail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would likely just replace the bulbs. Is it 4x T5 and 2x 150 watt double ended MH?
Im still super unsure about the light as I bought my tank setup for 450 and dont have much info on the light.

If im not wrong its the 48" Coralife Aqualight Pro 2x150 watt and the two 96 watt bulbs are burned out.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still super unsure about the light as I bought my tank setup for 450 and dont have much info on the light.

If im not wrong its the 48" Coralife Aqualight Pro 2x150 watt and the two 96 watt bulbs are burned out.
The fluorescents might be PC instead of T5. If that's the case, i'm not sure if you can get Power Compact bulbs anymore. If the MH still work, I would at least hold on to it.

OP
OP
abagail

abagail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluorescents might be PC instead of T5. If that's the case, i'm not sure if you can get Power Compact bulbs anymore. If the MH still work, I would at least hold on to it.
ya I found once place that has the bulbs I need but its 100 for two of them and im just thinking about the cost in long term. Because im currently saving for the new corolla coming out next year so im trying to think of it logically. Do I spend the extra to get new lights or worry about having to spend 100 to replace two lights once they go lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back