Light timings for new Reef tank

wonderphil-reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
133
Reaction score
88
Location
Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I am setting up my new reef tank with a sump and refugium.

I have a Kessil h80 Tuna Flora over my refugium with colour setting for growth for the chaeto.

I then have two Kessil A80 Tuna Blues over the top over the tank.

The tank is 900mm L * 400mm D * 400mm H.

My questions are, are the A80's going to be enough for a tank that size for fish and anemones (I think I leave coral for bit later on).
Second I have seen different setups where the light for the refugium comes on when the lights for the tank turn off, is there a recommendation that anyone can give about this?

​

​

 
your main lights should be on for 12hrs or less ... I haven’t seen any difference lighting for 10hrs, but opinions may vary..
You run the sump light on a opposite schedule...doing so smooths out water param swings like pH over the course of the day...
Hopefully someone comes in and elaborates further...
 
Too early for my math to be good enough to do a metric to standard conversion. I don't think the A80 will be enough for anemone though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new