Lighting a standard 90

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 90 with a center brace. I have been using 2 reef radiance led for years. I have not been impressed. Blue all the way up white at minimum. Just not a good look. I am thinking was thinking of perhaps 3 fixtures but I am unsure of the shadowing that would be caused by the center brace . My local fish guy seems to think (2) of the 26HD. I have not been sold on this perhaps 3 or many 2 of the 52s. The other option is Kessil 360x was thinking 3 and T5 to supplement . That dang center brace screws this up . I am to the point where I may sell the dang tank a get another. Any thoughts or opinions on weather the center brace will cause issues with shadowing.
Thanks in Advance

Daniel D Dawson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to follow you on this. I am in the same position but with a 180. I think that some of the shadowing can be overcome by raising the height of the light if possible. My LFS said 3 of the 26 HD's should be fine on my tank but really dont know. I am using 4 chinese bb's and not impressed either. Should have spent the bucks up front the first time!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 SBreeflight BB on a 48w 55 w a 2in center brace.

3EF9C5B6-1769-4304-9D03-A2AA26EFDDDA.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back