Lighting acclamation

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just "stimulated" the economy by taking uncle Sam's gift and buying myself really really good lights...the ecotec radions XR15 G5 pro. 2 of them for my 120g tank. I'll be mounting them using the aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture. The left and right side of the t5 will have atinic lights. 1 guissmen super atinic and 1 ati atinic. Right now I'm running a 6 bulb t5 fixture. I have mostly lps and some softies. I also have a couple sps (monti cap) (birds nest) I have a chalice, torches. Hammers. Duncan's. A big zoa garden. And a couple favias too. My question is how do I set the radions? How do i do an acclamation? What percentage? How many days? Intensity? (All within the "lps/softie" template ) and after the acclamation what would you run your lights at keeping in mind the t5's being there. THANKS!!

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Par meter when installing new lights, what is your current PAR values? For a 120 start with 31% on AB+

OP
OP
Thomas Wieczorek

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a seneye par meter that I sold,...last i checked i had 80 par at the sand bed in the corners and 150 - 200 around the top of the rock work.

OP
OP
Thomas Wieczorek

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other responses to help out. Maybe some people familiar with working the new radions?

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other responses to help out. Maybe some people familiar with working the new radions?
So i have had my g5’s up and running a week. TSA reccomended that i start with the same par my t5’s were outputting which on my 220 was 80% on the AB+. Because im overly cautious, i started at 60 and am using the acclimation mode to 80 over a 28 day period...so far so good....

OP
OP
Thomas Wieczorek

Thomas Wieczorek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have had my g5’s up and running a week. TSA reccomended that i start with the same par my t5’s were outputting which on my 220 was 80% on the AB+. Because im overly cautious, i started at 60 and am using the acclimation mode to 80 over a 28 day period...so far so good....
I have a mixed reef with mostly lps and a few sps (monti caps and bitdsnest.) Also I have 2 large island rocks of sofite corals (pulsing exina and green star polyp) those are very beautiful and their equal off center "center peices" I started my lights on lps/softie template and am acclamating over 10 days to 35% my 10 days should be just about up. I'm scared to try the ab+ lol. Also I have these g5's in the aquatic life hybrid that I run 3 guiessmen super atinic and 1 blue atinic. I've kept those off and plan to add one hour of t5 every week till I reach a mac of 5 hours......side note when i first got the lights I ran them 40% straight away and used the t5's 5 hours daily and my exina rock had multiple branches bleach. It looks to be recovering now that I cut everything back

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back