lighting and maintaining LPS

wilder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I’m not new to the forum, but I am new to posting. The tank that I am setting up currently is 36x18x18in. My focus for this tank is to learn how to care for corals, specifically lps, as these are my absolute favorite. I still need some things for the tank and one of them is lighting. My initial thought was to do T5, but I’ve been contemplating LEDs lately. I would like to know how your lps are doing under your lighting and what type of lighting you have. If you have ever switched lighting and noticed a change, I would love to hear about that as well. Also any advice on maintaining conditions for corals will be welcomed.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5's would be fine and LEDs are good too. You can keep most everything with either one. I went all LED and my LPS are sexy as can be. Too much light tends to make acans lose some colors. Example being my rainbow acans in direct LEDs turn mainly red but when I shade them they get the rainbow back.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back