Lighting augment or change

Arad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new to the forums and am looking fir suggestions for my 125 gallon mixed reef tank. It’s 6 feet long 18 inches wide and about 22-23 tall. I have had the the tank set up for about 4 years. There 3 hydra 26 lights 12 inches from top of tank. I am to the point where I have added some more sps( acros )to my montis, torches, hammers, frogspawn, acans,elegance, Blastos, (trachyphillia to be added soon) and lobophillia, Ophelia,mushrooms, favia, chalice and other encrusters. I want better color and growth. Looking for suggestions on current lighting set up. I can adjust the light program, add lights like reef bright or other alternative or get all new lights? I obviously want to not have to spend a gazillion dollars and start all over but if needed I could . Was hoping to achieve a supplemental lighting adjustment to gain desired look and effect.

OP
OP
A

Arad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F703763D-2F46-4E0A-BDDD-8C331F7E15BB.png

Upvote 1

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got 4 Hydra 26’s on my S650 and they will work fine for you, I’ve also got 4 Radion XR30 G4 Pros on my large system which work better but they will both do the job

This is the basic schedule I use other than I go blue in the evening

0E26892F-46B2-4BD9-813A-A2A2576BFDB0.jpeg

And Welcome to R2R!!!

Upvote 0

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new to the forums and am looking fir suggestions for my 125 gallon mixed reef tank. It’s 6 feet long 18 inches wide and about 22-23 tall. I have had the the tank set up for about 4 years. There 3 hydra 26 lights 12 inches from top of tank. I am to the point where I have added some more sps( acros )to my montis, torches, hammers, frogspawn, acans,elegance, Blastos, (trachyphillia to be added soon) and lobophillia, Ophelia,mushrooms, favia, chalice and other encrusters. I want better color and growth. Looking for suggestions on current lighting set up. I can adjust the light program, add lights like reef bright or other alternative or get all new lights? I obviously want to not have to spend a gazillion dollars and start all over but if needed I could . Was hoping to achieve a supplemental lighting adjustment to gain desired look and effect.
I use this also on mine and I use the Hydras as well lol! I had them over my 125 gal, same tank with mostly LPS and some softies and a couple SPS. I like this pattern and I’ve been using it for several years! Also, Welcome to Reef 2 reef!!!

Upvote 0

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!!! Plenty of knowledgeable light people here for sure. You should also check out threads in the lighting forum.

Upvote 0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! As mentioned above, you may also want to check out the lighting section here on R2R. It is a great place for additional info.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back