Lighting changes, looking for recommendations.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a red sea max s 650, 60 inches long and 24 inches tall. I currently have 4 Kessil360s and 8 T5s over it, but the fixture doesn't fit an autofeeder, so I can only use half the T5s. So... I am thinking about a change to raise the fixture higher over the tank.

What I am leaning towards is is a 60" aquatic life hybrid with either 3 7206 Mitras or Reefbreeders 50 photon v2+ .Thoughts?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with any of the brands you are considering, except the Photon V2+. I have 3 and They have all worked flawlessly. Probably the best value in an led fixture with more than 2 channels and sunrise/sunset ability.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why buy new LEDs when you already have the Kessils? I use 4 Kessils in the Aquatic Life 60" fixture over a 180 gal (6', 24" deep) mixed reef - very light on the SPS - and love it. If you want lots of .SLPS you can always just add one more Kessil or a strip of some kind.

OP
OP
vangvace

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with any of the brands you are considering, except the Photon V2+. I have 3 and They have all worked flawlessly. Probably the best value in an led fixture with more than 2 channels and sunrise/sunset ability.

Thank you
Why buy new LEDs when you already have the Kessils? I use 4 Kessils in the Aquatic Life 60" fixture over a 180 gal (6', 24" deep) mixed reef - very light on the SPS - and love it. If you want lots of .SLPS you can always just add one more Kessil or a strip of some kind.

You know, I don't have a real good answer to that. I guess I was so focused on new that I was going to swap everything and reduce wires. The Kessils do work great though. Hmmm...

How about a couple Reefi? They are awesome!
I will look them up. Thank you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back