Lighting for 2.5g softies tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter reaper93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2021
Messages
1,245
Reaction score
3,583
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I am setting up a new pico tank (Fluval spec 2.6) and was wondering what you would suggest to light a tank this small. It will be just soft corals such as zoas, mushrooms, leathers. I was thinking of either the Kessil A80 or Reefbreeders Nano but would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks!
 
Dont have any experience with the reefbreeder but I have the Kessil a80 over my 10 gallon and I am a big fan. Easy adjustment of color and intensity. The shimmer on the light is amazing. I am sure that both lights will be more than enough to grow softies as I have the Kessil a80 for LPS
 
Dont have any experience with the reefbreeder but I have the Kessil a80 over my 10 gallon and I am a big fan. Easy adjustment of color and intensity. The shimmer on the light is amazing. I am sure that both lights will be more than enough to grow softies as I have the Kessil a80 for LPS
You need an external timer for that light right?
 
Kessil is a great option. Shimmer can't be beat. There is some thing about their products that always draws me back to them. If you want a timer feature with it you will need the controller or put it on a timer. The Fluval Marine Nano is also another good option.
 
I mean idk. Looking to see what people think about the RB Nano considering it comes with built in controls for just 20 bucks more than the base unit A80
It's not going to have the look of a Kessel. It's what you pay extra for.
 
I could just get the kessil and put it on a timer and forego the rampup stuff
I'd rather not run peak all 12 hours. Only at about 5 right now.
 
Hi guys! I am setting up a new pico tank (Fluval spec 2.6) and was wondering what you would suggest to light a tank this small. It will be just soft corals such as zoas, mushrooms, leathers. I was thinking of either the Kessil A80 or Reefbreeders Nano but would love to hear your opinions!

Thanks!
@noopsyche K7 Mini. It's a great nano light, great price point, app controlled, and great spectrum.
 
I have two of these on my 20GH. Corals are doing just fine. The Coralife Clip-On is just $35 at the Walmart website.
 

Attachments

  • lights.PNG
    lights.PNG
    582.8 KB · Views: 71
  • bugs.PNG
    bugs.PNG
    659.9 KB · Views: 75

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new