Lighting for 20G cube?

rmiller7891

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is my first time posting on here. I am looking into upgrading my existing lighting on my Waterbox 20 gallon cube. I am currently running a old outdated LED fixture with a single supplemental actinic T5 bulb. I was thinking about a radion xr15 gen 4 pro, but it might be overkill. I have mostly a mixed reef containing many different SPS and some LPS. I also have a screen top so I want to make sure that there will have enough PAR beyond that. My existing lighting configuration seems to be doing the job for most of my acros (except my walt disney), but one of my LEDs quit working and it is simply time to upgrade. I have also thought about going the T5 route, but a 24inch fixture will over hang on each side as the tank is only 17 inches wide. I had a chat with BRS and they recomended an AI prime 16 HD, I am hesitant that it will be powerful enough. Suggestions? Anyone running a mixed reef cube with a lot of SPS with good success?

I will try to attach some pictures later.

OP
OP
rmiller7891

rmiller7891

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01-09-2020
IMG_0100.jpg

01-09-2020

OP
OP
rmiller7891

rmiller7891

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you go with? How do you like it?
Ended up going with AI hydra 32. Probably would go with Radions next time. Its a decent light, I just don't like the user interface, and the lenses are crap. Also ended up moving and sold a lot of the corals. Did a semi-restart on the tank, built a stand and custom light hanger.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 55
Back