Lighting for 29 gallon

llovasco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on completing my light for my 29 gallon tank. Dimensions are 12”W x 30” L x 18”H. I am pretty sure I want to go with the Reef Brite strips and I am trying to decide between the Lumi lite Pro 30” strips or the Lumi Lite XHO 24” strips. With either option I was planning to use (1) 50/50 and (1) actinic blue strip. The 24” seems like it would not give full coverage but this is my first salt tank so I am not sure if this is true and I am looking for help. I would like to use the 3 hole mounting bracket for whatever I choose and it would be mounted in my canopy which is about 6 1/2” from the water line. Any pros/cons or better ideas?

Steve Erekson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going to depend on what you're trying to grow. I run a 24" Reef Brite tech strip (discontinued, it's like the XHO but half the LEDs) over my 30" 20 long tank and visually it is completely great. It's just one strip at 75% so it's not my primary source of lighting, that comes from 4 24" T5 bulbs. I think two XHOs over a 30" tank growing some softies or LPS should be okay but I don't have any hard numbers to back that up.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back