Lighting for a 125 gallon reef tank ?

REEF91

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
6
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 125 gallon it’s dimensions are
72.5 in L x 18.5 in W x 23.4 in H
With it being 72.5 inches long how many lights should I get. Or should I get one long one I was looking at the photon 48-v2 pro led light fixture I’m not sure if that is long enough. I was also thinking of getting 3 or 4 aqua illumination prime 16 had led reef lights. Does anyone have a idea of how I should go about buying lights


​

 
That depends! :relieved-face: What sort of livestock do you wish to care for? There's not a "one size fits all" here just because your tank is 72.5" long! Have you set yourself a budget?

On another note, reef tank light is a deeply personal thing so prepare for many, many different answer! :cool:
 
I just got a 125 gallon it’s dimensions are
72.5 in L x 18.5 in W x 23.4 in H
With it being 72.5 inches long how many lights should I get. Or should I get one long one I was looking at the photon 48-v2 pro led light fixture I’m not sure if that is long enough. I was also thinking of getting 3 or 4 aqua illumination prime 16 had led reef lights. Does anyone have a idea of how I should go about buying lights


​

Reefbreeders make a 50-v2 also. Slightly bigger than the 48.

Or do 2x 32-v2 for even better coverage.

With reefbreeders, you will be able to grow anything with the lights.
 
That depends! :relieved-face: What sort of livestock do you wish to care for? There's not a "one size fits all" here just because your tank is 72.5" long! Have you set yourself a budget?

On another note, reef tank light is a deeply personal thing so prepare for many, many different answer! :cool:
 
So budget isn’t a issue sky is the limit I want the best and I want to do this the right way I want to stick with soft corals to begin with GREEN STAR POLYPS, SINULARIA LEATHER CORAL, Xenia Corals ,Euphyllia Coral group Frogspawns, Torches, and Hammers , Duncan Corals, MUSHROOM CORALS
 
Reefbreeders make a 50-v2 also. Slightly bigger than the 48.

Or do 2x 32-v2 for even better coverage.

With reefbreeders, you will be able to grow anything with the lights.
Thanks I’m definitely going to look into that reefbreeder 50-v2
 
That depends! :relieved-face: What sort of livestock do you wish to care for? There's not a "one size fits all" here just because your tank is 72.5" long! Have you set yourself a budget?

On another note, reef tank light is a deeply personal thing so prepare for many, many different answer! :cool:
 
So budget isn’t a issue sky is the limit I want the best and I want to do this the right way I want to stick with soft corals to begin with GREEN STAR POLYPS, SINULARIA LEATHER CORAL, Xenia Corals ,Euphyllia Coral group Frogspawns, Torches, and Hammers , Duncan Corals, MUSHROOM CORALS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new