Lighting for an Aqua One 120L (32gal)

bc184

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
QLD
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re looking at upgrading the stock light that came with our Aqua One 120L Mini Reef tank.

We currently have some SPS and fish, and looking to keep heading down the SPS road for now for coral.

Tank dimensions are 60x45x45cm. We were looking at a Red Sea ReefLED 50 light but there doesn’t seem to be any information on the size tank it would suit. Hoping for some customisation with light settings, dimming etc.

Recommendations much appreciated!
 
We’re looking at upgrading the stock light that came with our Aqua One 120L Mini Reef tank.

We currently have some SPS and fish, and looking to keep heading down the SPS road for now for coral.

Tank dimensions are 60x45x45cm. We were looking at a Red Sea ReefLED 50 light but there doesn’t seem to be any information on the size tank it would suit. Hoping for some customisation with light settings, dimming etc.

Recommendations much appreciated!

That light would work. I believe the new model is the ReefLed 60. Another good option would be the AI Hydra 44. It would give you more spread and you could use it on a bigger tank if you upgrade down the road.
 
I use a nicrew 100 watt on my 32 gallon, very happy with it. More watts can be turned down but sadness if you don’t have enough watts.
 
I accidentally put SPS and I can’t seem to edit the post. We have LPS so a slightly lower light requirement, but would prefer not to have to swap lights if we do get some SPS later. I wanted to mention that in case that changes the options!
 
I accidentally put SPS and I can’t seem to edit the post. We have LPS so a slightly lower light requirement, but would prefer not to have to swap lights if we do get some SPS later. I wanted to mention that in case that changes the options!
I think the lights mentioned would all grow SPS in that tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new