Lighting for waterbox infinia frag 175

andre457

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I just ordered a Waterbox infinia frag 175.6 gallon tank, and was wondering if my 3 xr30s on my current 150 gal tank are too strong for the Waterboxes shorter height, not sure if I should downgrade to xr15s or hydras, or even just keep them
 
It's got to be cheaper upfront and overtime just to turn the intensity down than to try to switch lights no?

Plus running them at a lower percentage could extend their useful life.
 
Last edited:
I have 3 xr 30 plus reef Brite led strips. Plus two kessils for side lighting. Granted this setup is for acros. Those lights will be great just adjust intensity
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 25

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new