Lighting help for sps tank

Mark75g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 175gallon bow front that is full of sps. The current lighting is a All In One 3-250w metal halides with 14k phenix bulbs and 2-39w blue plus and 2-39w coral plus bulbs. I used to have another retro fit t5 fixture that had 2 54w t5 bulbs but has since crapped the bed. I was thinking of maybe adding a reefbrite XHO light onto the fixture to bring some more color of the corals.

Does anyone have this type of setup or experience with adding the reefbrite strip. Or should i just leave the setup the way it is.

IMG_1067.JPG

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own any, but all I hear are positive reviews on the RB led bars. Another option are the Orphek led bars as well.

Dont think you'll go wrong with adding then to your tank. And hope someone that does own then can chime in and give you a true user experience with them.

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a nice mature looking tank which you don’t see very often. I’m not sure you need to be chasing “color” as you’ve got some nice colors in there. I’d be proud of that tank as it is.

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, great tank! I just recently added a ReefBrite Lumi Lite Pro Actinic strip to my ATI Sunpower 6x24w fixture for a little extra pop and evening fluorescence. It has worked out nicely for me! You certainly don’t need it but if you are looking for a little extra “something” you can’t really go wrong with the ReefBrites. I will say that after I added the ReefBrite I changed a blue bulb for a white one to keep the spectrum around 14k. Here is my tank for reference.

34AD6C3F-4DAA-4422-8A18-ADF0099A03C6.jpeg

jwells77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar fixture way back. I removed the bulbs and put the Reefbrite XHO in the fixture in their place. It worked well. 2 would be better. Front and back.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back