Lighting Help...Noopsyche k7 pro ii

513ReefGal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
138
Location
West Chester
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I have..
Waterbox Cube 20
Noopsyche K7 Pro II - with the antique dial turn controller.
1 Candy Cane, 1 Frogspawn, 1 Hammer

The tank has been up and running for about 3 years now. I love it. I am happy with it. But I want it to be better.
I strongly dislike this light. I have never felt confident that my settings are right or that my corals are getting the light they deserve / need. I wish it were easier to program. Admittingly, I don't know much about lighting. I am to the point where I am considering getting a new light completely. Something simple like the AI Prime 16HD that is point blank app based. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I have been messing around in one last stitch effort to give this light a chance. The built in LPS setting is as follows:
On the Noopsyche mounting arm it is 10in from the water surface, 24 inches to the sand bed
A=White B=Light blue C=Dark blue D=UV E=Red/Green
9:00 A 1% B 30% C 30% D 5% E 0%
10:00 A 5% B 80% C 80% D 10% E 2%
18:00 A 5% B 80% C 80% D 10% E 2%
19:00 A 2% B 30% C 30% D 5% E 0%
20:00 A 1% B 10% C 10% D3% E 0%
21:00 off
 
Mine grew corals pretty good. I'd consider turning the blues and UV up. Maybe a little more red/green as well? I had mine over a 75 tall running 10% white, 100% blues and UV, and 30% red/green. Very similar time schedule though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new