Lighting Help! Red Sea Reefer hanging light kit help

OmriA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience putting the following lights in a Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650. Trying to decide on lights for a new custom tank build. Tank will be mixed reef and preferably ULM but will want to venture into SPS down the road.

AI Hydra 26?
Echotech Radion XR30 pros?
Kessil AP700?

Open to any other recommendations. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on the hanging kits that come with the tanks.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry I am late

RS 650 is nice. The 26’s will not do it par wise. You will need 3 or 4 to cover the length. I have not run Radion but the gen 4 pro should handle it. 2 may work but you will get some shading and loose par further out you get. No exp on the Kessil, but I really want to try them too.

You may want to check into T5 hybrids as well.

On your tank you may be best hanging the fixture from above. We got some lighting gurus that may stop by.

Also, #WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
OmriA

OmriA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry I am late

RS 650 is nice. The 26’s will not do it par wise. You will need 3 or 4 to cover the length. I have not run Radion but the gen 4 pro should handle it. 2 may work but you will get some shading and loose par further out you get. No exp on the Kessil, but I really want to try them too.

You may want to check into T5 hybrids as well.

On your tank you may be best hanging the fixture from above. We got some lighting gurus that may stop by.

Also, #WelcometoR2R
Hey thanks for this great message! I’m deciding on lighting as we speak for the Red Sea reefer pensinsula 650. Was looking to hang something sleek from the ceiling. Can you recommend who I reach out to as far as lighting guru?

thanks!
Omri

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back