Lighting Opinions (Upgrade from PC)

Annahra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, weird situation here. I have the older style 24g Nano Cube that comes with 2x 36 watt PCs. I ordered a replacement bulb in actinic blue to replace one 50/50 bulb, but when I went to change it I discovered most of the screws in my hood are stripped as if it were used! I called the vendor about a replacement unit, but apparently they don't sell just the hood for this model and are sending me a whole new replacement kit (darn the luck). So I have options.

1) Have the handy boyfriend figure out how to get into the stripped hood and then reseal it and have two aquariums.
2) Throw away the PC hood I have and add a Current Orbit IC Reef System and have two aquariums.
3) Sell the new in box tank to fund a replacement light fixture for the original tank. This is the smart decision. I wish I were always this practical.

Would a midgrade LED system like the Current Orbit IC Reef be a significant upgrade over my current lighting? I don't have to keep clams or anything, but I do have several soft corals and some low light hard corals. Maximum depth of the tank is less than 12" with my DSB.

... Seriously someone tell me I don't need a second aquarium.

Back