Lighting Options

VAquarium_Bio

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Converse
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Hoping to get some opinions on other lighting options for a 15-gallon column tank. Currently running two blades, grow and glow, but I'm having issues with the entire grow blade getting extremely hot, including the plug. I did reach out to AI, so I'm hoping to find a solution, but in the meantime, I'd like to get some other options.


Picture from water change day. The tank was originally going to house our dwarf seahorses, but we decided to leave them in their current setup, so it's fishless at the moment. Currently, I have a mushroom, two Xoa's, GSP, macroalgae, and a random galaxea that will be going in another tank once it's cycled.

Snapchat-2133438807.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new