Lighting: quantity and type?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Janci
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2016
Messages
3,022
Reaction score
9,226
Location
Belgium
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I have been looking to all the tank shots with Radion lights and I can say that this did not make my choice of lighting any easier.
All tanks look amazing but there is so much difference in tank dimensions and the quantity of used light.

My tank is L.1320mm x W.800mm x H.550mm
Or in more convenient dimensions
53" x 31.5" x 21"

I have now a combination of T5 (8x54W) and some led strips but want to make the switch to Radions.
Question is: how many and which light do I need?
I am doubting between:
3 x XR30w Pro
4 x XR30w Pro
6 x XR15w pro

I like to have full coverage but some how feel like the XR30's are overkill for the waterdepth that I have.

This is my SPS tank at the moment.
Please feel free to give all kinds of advice.
20171113_195751.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new