Lighting question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Murice
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Murice

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
72
Reaction score
94
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm a little confused on the light situation... during day I run blue and white... at night do I turn both off for total darkness or leave blue on? I run refugium at night... do I run blue or white or both
 
Turn both off at night. Some people will run Blues like moon light. I prefer off and dark. On refugium you don't need anything fancy. You can run WHT, BLU, even RED.
 
Corals need darkness as well as light. Dark periods allow them to rest as in nature.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new