LIghting Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter chasethis1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chasethis1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
5
Location
Gainesville FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty simple question, I have an 8 bulb T5 fixture. I would like to gather some thoughts on what kind of lighting configuration to use. I am currently running 4 each pretty generic 10,000K and basic "true actinic" bulbs. I want to use this fixture for a 40 breeder frag tank. I am looking for ideas on the optimum types of bulbs to use to grow out some of my corals. Mostly zoas, musrhooms, favia, acans and some chalice.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.
 
I run a 50/50 mix of ATI Blue Plus and ATI Aquablue Special. I get a real nice 14k look. I'm sure everyone will agree that ATI is the bulb of choice.

Happy to help via Tapatalk:)
 
4 ATI blue+
2 ATI aquable special
1 KZ Fiji purple
1 GE daylight 6500k

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
 
I'd use 4 blue+, 1 actinic, 1 GE 6500k, 1 KZ Fiji purple or ATI purple+, and 1 KZ 14000k new gen.

Use the fiji to get a ton of red with some orange, or the purple+ for reasonable red and orange.

I would avoid the coral+ bulb at all costs after using them, they were very dissapointing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new