Lighting settings for 29gallon Anemone tank

ThatFishEnjoyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon bio cube that I wish to put bubble tip anemones in and I had some questions about the light settings. I have a 100 Watt Hipargero Aquarium Light. Does anyone have any experience with this light and nems? If so what settings do you have on your light? Or any advise would be appreciate.currently my light channels are CH1 25, CH2 40, CH3 40, CH4 40, CH5 10

20231209_104154.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help with settings. I've found a par meter an invaluable tool to have in this hobby. There are too many variables that change from tank to tank. I tried using lighting templates from others and while they are a good starting point I still had to tweak them to get the par I needed. I was trying to keep clams and I thought the light looked bright to me but it actually wasn't.
I keep bubble tips and they are thriving under 300+ par and have not spilt or moved in over 2 years.
Mine last night
20231209_201312.jpg

EDIT: how old is the tank? I've found nems do better in mature tanks. It's possible to keep them in young tanks but when I did they split continously and moved around a lot. Sounds crazy but I started with 3 and had as many as 49 at one point but after a couple of years they stopped splitting and are now just growing larger.

OP
OP
ThatFishEnjoyer

ThatFishEnjoyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't help with settings. I've found a par meter an invaluable tool to have in this hobby. There are too many variables that change from tank to tank. I tried using lighting templates from others and while they are a good starting point I still had to tweak them to get the par I needed. I was trying to keep clams and I thought the light looked bright to me but it actually wasn't.
I keep bubble tips and they are thriving under 300+ par and have not spilt or moved in over 2 years.
Mine last night
20231209_201312.jpg

EDIT: how old is the tank? I've found nems do better in mature tanks. It's possible to keep them in young tanks but when I did they split continously and moved around a lot. Sounds crazy but I started with 3 and had as many as 49 at one point but after a couple of years they stopped splitting and are now just growing larger.
It's about a year old or so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back