Lighting suggestions...

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil ap9x or Kessil 360 (or Reef led 90) with AL t5 hybrid? Going over a 24 x 24 cube. Mixed reef. Thanks!!!

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I would do the a360. Or a couple AI Primes (might even be able to do one with the T5s). I don’t think I’d probably even consider the Redsea 90.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason why you wouldn't consider the Red Sea 90?
I just don’t like the spectrum, the few that I’ve seen in person I just didn’t like (it very well could be that this is due to how they were set, but the two different tanks I can think off the top of my head, different owners, just looked flat and cool toned. I’m not a huge Kessil person either, they also look kind of flat to me, but they’re not as bad as the RS90.

On my nano, I was using an AI Prime, but then was asked to test out the new Noopsyche light, and I gotta say that I’ve been really impressed by it. The spectrum is excellent. The only downside is that it’s lacking features and the controller is pretty archaic and unintuitive, but the actual lighting is great. The AI Prime is a great light, but I don’t think I’ll be switching back any time soon.

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the 360 x and ap9x. The ap9x is an incredible light! The lighting is so crisp and the shimmer is lovely. I have 2 on my 48 inch so having one in a 24 inch will be perfect. The 360x is also a good light with a good amount of shimmer but there is just something special about the ap9x. Before the ap9x I had two radion xr 15 pros. I didn’t have any objections to those but they do not compare to the ap9x in any shape or form. You are comparing a Honda to a Porsche.

OP
OP
RBarth

RBarth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! I actually like the look of the Red Sea. Just love kessil. It's a weird position because the money is the same for the ap9x and 360/t5 combo. The clean look of the ap9x and not having a stupid dongle makes it so much more appealing but the light bleed is a concern and I do know t5s grow stuff. First world problems lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back