Lighting

Oldguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up 20g IM Fusion pro...wondering what appropriate lighting may be?...Needs to have remote...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Setting up 20g IM Fusion pro...wondering what appropriate lighting may be?...Needs to have remote...
For all around light and color and based on tank size - Ai Prime hd or noopsyche K7 pro. Both are controllable via Wifi on your phone and offers an array of color spectrums

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My standard questions would be:

What are the dimensions of the tank?
What corals do you want to keep?
What features are important to you, as in dimming/ramping/controllable?
Budget?

OP
OP
Oldguy

Oldguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23.6/15.6...20g...mostly live rock and inverts...maybe a few softees, worms, etc.

Like ramping+phone controlled, dimming...

Not high end but decent. Tx

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like more in $100+ range if possible...
You could check out noopsyche mini, but I think their app isn’t the best. I can’t really recommend a quality fixture with mobile app control for $100 or less. If you don’t mind not having an app, there are a lot of good options $100-150 you could combine with a smart plug or power strip that DOES have app control.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are POSITIVE you will not want any higher light demand corals, this fluval fixture should work and has a good app. If you might want higher light corals later, I can’t stress enough that you might as well buy a better fixture up front so you don’t spend twice.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For your price range I don't think you can beat the Noo-psyche k7 mini. It will keep the softies just fine.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it would work, just be aware that the chinese black box units like that generally have garbage mobile apps, if they have one.

thatpizzaguy5150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using the Nicrew lights off amazon. About to set up 2 100watt lights on my new 90. Growing softies and zoas just fine. No app for them, but if you get the remote you can set all your main settings and sun up and sun down. Kind of like the Fluval App but just in a remote that stays with the tank and has a decent screen on it. Not the highest end lighting but good for budget users IMO

OP
OP
Oldguy

Oldguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could check out noopsyche mini, but I think their app isn’t the best. I can’t really recommend a quality fixture with mobile app control for $100 or less. If you don’t mind not having an app, there are a lot of good options $100-150 you could combine with a smart plug or power strip that DOES have app control.
Would go to $200...

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for $200 I honestly can't recommend a quality light with included reliable app control. If I were you, I'd just buy whatever light you like best within your budget and add a smart power strip which DOES have app control so you can set a schedule on your smartphone. For example, if I were you, I'd get a kessil h80 tuna blue and combine it with a Kasa smart power strip. You can tune the light spectrum and intensity on the light fixture with handy knobs, and use the smart power strip to set a schedule. This option gets you what you want for less than $200. I use these myself on my refugium and love it.

kessil h80 with mount: https://amzn.to/3UeGdj7
smart power strip: https://amzn.to/3u6RLu9

1706211499386.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back