Lighting

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Does anyone know of a fixture of either T-5's, pc's, or halides that is between 15 inches to 17 inches? I am wanting it for a 12 gallon aquapod and it is 16.5 inches wide. I want to take the hood off and open it up because of the heat. I am only putting softies in it. I have nowhere to hang one. I have also looked at the clamp on, but I would rather have a fixture with legs. I would really like a 70w halide. Because of the heat and only having softies I do not need a halide any brighter, also I would need a chiller if I used a 150w halide.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smallest I've seen is 24". For a foot long you'd either need a pendant or a clamp-on.

justin_freebords

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can find one, they come and go from time to time the sunpod 70 watt comes in a 16.5" size. It would be perfect for your tank. Good luck finding one, if you do get itfor sure they are like i said hard to come by at times

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
That would be perfect. Does anyone know where to find one? Why are they rare?

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are rare because they are no longer made. IMO, the clip-on MH doesn't seem like a bad alternative.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a fixture of either T-5's, pc's, or halides that is between 15 inches to 17 inches? I am wanting it for a 12 gallon aquapod and it is 16.5 inches wide. I want to take the hood off and open it up because of the heat. I am only putting softies in it. I have nowhere to hang one. I have also looked at the clamp on, but I would rather have a fixture with legs. I would really like a 70w halide. Because of the heat and only having softies I do not need a halide any brighter, also I would need a chiller if I used a 150w halide.

Coralife makes on..2 bulb 15" i beleive. Might be a little scarce, but it's out there.

there are also so LED options in 12 and 15" options too, so check those as well.

You might best be served as mentioned by aclip on if you want an MH. the K2-viper 70w is on sale for 130 at aquacave.

MSU Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a viper clip on - that's going to be your most effective solution.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back