lightning maroon clowns in a predator tank

kennydoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Reefers! it’s kenny again, and i have another question for you. i finally got my 125 gallon tank up and running again, so i can move my fish out of the 55 predator and into the reef once more. HOWEVER. i have a bonded pair of lightning maroon clowns and they are aggressive to my slow moving fish. i don’t want them to get killed when my lionfish and snowflake eel arrive, but i don’t want them to kill all my valuable, innocent reef inhabitants, either. so far, the only thing they’ve tried to murder is my misbar pair, who’ve been moved to the 20 gallon.

i would really like to do black clowns or mocha storms in my 125, but my lightning’s are too aggressive. do you think they will be safe if i add a LTA or a Carpet nem to the predator tank? the female clown is HUGE but the male... he’s pretty tiny. i am getting a baby dwarf lion fish so i’m sure he’ll be tiny and be able to peacefully be raised with the clowns. but if i decide for any other predators, do you think my clowns will be safe?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back