Lights for 90cm mixed reef

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sold these lights by my LFS as they were ex display.https://www.tropicalmarinecentre.com/en/tmc/aquarium/lighting/light-units/reef-pulsar-sps-8 I’ve had them on default settings for the last three months as I don’t know what schedule to put them on or what spectrum to use. So the lights are predominately white until the evening.
I’ve also got a couple of LPS in the tank now and I don’t know if they will thrive given it’s an SPS light?.

Any suggestions for a lights? Budget is around £300. Tank dimensions are 90x42x40 cm and 135 litres. Only got some softies, a BTA and two LPS.

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sold these lights by my LFS as they were ex display.https://www.tropicalmarinecentre.com/en/tmc/aquarium/lighting/light-units/reef-pulsar-sps-8 I’ve had them on default settings for the last three months as I don’t know what schedule to put them on or what spectrum to use. So the lights are predominately white until the evening.
I’ve also got a couple of LPS in the tank now and I don’t know if they will thrive given it’s an SPS light?.

Any suggestions for a lights? Budget is around £300. Tank dimensions are 90x42x40 cm and 135 litres. Only got some softies, a BTA and two LPS.
I got a 3ft long (90cm) marine light if you want to buy it for way less than £300. I’ve got the same light running on my 250L tank. Works really well.

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 3ft long (90cm) marine light if you want to buy it for way less than £300. I’ve got the same light running on my 250L tank. Works really well.
Possibly. What light is it? Where are you based?

wiktor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly. What light is it? Where are you based?
It’s a Sanrise light. I really don’t know much about it . UK, Hull. (In photos atm blues 100% red and green 30% whites 30% power)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back