Lights

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! All the lights that you mentioned would be good choices.

Clownfish.gif

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new in the hobby. the tank is 24”x120”x24”. I’m trying to figure out the lights. Even I will start with the beginner corals, eventually I will love to have mix reef. Any advice will help. I have been looking at the AI, Radion and the new Kessil.
For me I went with a radion for me I was a old school reefer wanting to get back in the game. The reason I live not far from wwc corals so I went to talk to them. They have templates that you can download it works about a month ago bought some corals from sd aqua they didn’t look so good within 2 weeks they have colored up good. One piece of advice take your time and always remember a dirty tank can be a good thing. Wait at least 5 months before adding corals. Let it go though the cycle. A couple of fish after a month can get u by

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ai has been very versatile and user friendly. Look also at the Orphek OR3 blue plus strips. Very good PAR

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You'll get plenty of different opinions on how to set up your lights. But I'd suggest going to a LFS with different lights running and see what you like the most. Get them to turn the whites up down and up from where they have it set so you can see if you like your tank more natural looking or more heavy blue. And its worth looking at halides and t5s halides are 2 much $$$ for power in my area but t5s don't cost alot more than LEDS power wise. Lots of options so figure out what YOU like before buying its a big investment.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If you like shimmer no light can beat Kessil. Radions are top notch too and they’re biggest fixtures have the most power of all the lights. AI is okay but you might need a lot them to do the same thing as Kessil or Radion. Hope this helps a little

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back