lilFish Treasure Build

lilfish2196

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Starting up a new project! Have never done a build thread so here we go! I will be setting up a 112 IM Lagoon and two zoo med 50 gallon lowboys attached! Here is a pic to give an idea and a rundown on some of the equipment etc! This system will house my ever growing collection of rare and unique corals!

-IM lagoon 112 gallon
-Unsure on lights, I usually do radions
-Either vectra M1 or abyzz 100 I have on other system
-Fiji cube sump
-have some live rock curing, but most likely will have a Marco rock in the lagoon no rock in the low boys but have a 45 cube attached to the system with live rock!!
- thinking of maybe predominantly wrasses in the display

09B7BF48-5BBF-4544-967E-B401970A1812.jpeg

60EE895B-D538-4472-A98A-7F1C95AB3696.jpeg8BC05FE1-C89A-4CA4-B473-57032030A83B.jpeg

OP
OP
lilfish2196

lilfish2196

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a fun build! What kind of wrasses are you looking at getting? Those are definitely some of my favorite fish.
My centerpiece wrasse I would love to get a Madagascar flasher wrasse, a pair of leopards, Red Sea eightline flasher, mccoskers, just for a thought. Definitely want a captive mandarin, maybe a yasha. Dream fish would be a potters wrasse!

OP
OP
lilfish2196

lilfish2196

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that would be an impressive stock!
I’ve always had success with the leopards, and most flashers, Red Sea eightline I have not, and yet to pull the trigger on the Madagascar lol I’m still deciding if I want to use my zoo med low boys as for my mixed tanks I’ve always had little trouble dialing in the flow I like debating on 120 gallon trough, as it will also allow my to get better utilitarian fish

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure. Looking forward to it! That Madagascar is really something.
I haven't personally owned any wrasses yet since I'm pretty new to this (although I'm very familiar with many of them), but hoping to get my first wrasse this year, mccoskers, if I can ever find one. Do you buy yours locally or online?

OP
OP
lilfish2196

lilfish2196

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best species you can own in my opinion. Haven’t seen the flasher in person yet either. Tangs are probably my favorite just do to the cleaning aspect. Can’t go wrong. Depends the species tbh some I would let more dedicated qt companies condition them like @tsmaquatics some species I will qt myself.
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure. Looking forward to it! That Madagascar is really something.
I haven't personally owned any wrasses yet since I'm pretty new to this (although I'm very familiar with many of them), but hoping to get my first wrasse this year, mccoskers, if I can ever find one. Do you buy yours locally or online?

OP
OP
lilfish2196

lilfish2196

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the zoo med tanks were so worn both had leaks in tbe silicone. Eventually I will replace them so now i will just post updates on the 112 gallon lagoon scape starting this weekend will update with pics. Debating bare bottom sps or sand sps. Thoughts?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back