Lime Soda for co2

Night Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
140
Reaction score
64
Location
South Forida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy I notice my used Lime Soda I used that was purple turn back to white when sitting out overnight. I didn’t have time to toss it so I left it out in an open container. Does this mean it can rejuvenated itself by sitting out?
 
No, soda lime cannot rejuvenate. Calcium hydroxide absorb CO2 and turns into calcium carbonate. The reaction is in irreversible in room temp. The color change is just they way the dye work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new