Lineatus fairy wrasse

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just re read initial post and saw you already got 2 doses of prazi. How sure are you in the dosage that you used? Some say prazi can cause loss of appetite. I've never noticed that on healthy fish but I could definitely see an overdose causing it. I recall losing a fairy wrasse after dosing prazi, I think fairies can have a tough time with it.

I actually came back to the thread to see how long ago he was added to display, and suggest to just give him some time to recoupe.

If you caught him by hand in an 80g with live rock, that's not confidence inspiring.

Last edited:

PGT253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way don’t mean to ask again but do I follow the directions on the general cure box thanks again

No, just dose 1 packet per 10 gallon, do a 25-30% WC after 24-48 hours. Then wait 5-7 days after the initial dose, dose another packet/10 gallon then do a larger water change after 24-48 hours of second dose

PGT253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can, get some live black/white worm to trigger feeding response

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way don’t mean to ask again but do I follow the directions on the general cure box thanks again

I would not re-dose the water if you don’t have to. Hopefully, you can get him eating and switch to the medicated feed as that is really what is most needed. If he still is not eating in a few days you can try doing a water change and adding a second dose.

The “scoop” mentioned is the one included in the focus container.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, just dose 1 packet per 10 gallon, do a 25-30% WC after 24-48 hours. Then wait 5-7 days after the initial dose, dose another packet/10 gallon then do a larger water change after 24-48 hours of second dose

This is spot-on if you are treating flukes, but he is attempting to get a fish with possible advanced intestinal parasites, eating again. So, hopefully second dose won’t be needed :)

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just re read initial post and saw you already got 2 doses of prazi. How sure are you in the dosage that you used? Some say prazi can cause loss of appetite. I've never noticed that on healthy fish but I could definitely see an overdose causing it. I recall losing a fairy wrasse after dosing prazi, I think fairies can have a tough time with it.

I actually came back to the thread to see how long ago he was added to display, and suggest to just give him some time to recoupe.

If you caught him by hand in an 80g with live rock, that's not confidence inspiring.

It’s true that prazi can suppress appetite, and also true that wrasses are very sensitive to overdose... but, I think an adverse reaction would have occurred sooner. He ate after being in the display, and then suddenly stopped, has been hovering around the bottom of the tank, and is bloated despite not eating... all signs of advanced internal parasites, which are very common in wrasses.

I do think that if he doesn’t start eating within the next 24-48 hours, being as weak as he is now... the odds of him coming back will not be very good :(

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s true that prazi can suppress appetite, and also true that wrasses are very sensitive to overdose... but, I think an adverse reaction would have occurred sooner. He ate after being in the display, and then suddenly stopped, has been hovering around the bottom of the tank, and is bloated despite not eating... all signs of advanced internal parasites, which are very common in wrasses.

I do think that if he doesn’t start eating within the next 24-48 hours, being as weak as he is now... the odds of him coming back will not be very good :(
I didn't see anywhere that he was eating in display. It says in the first post that he treated and then it hasn't eaten much since, so he added him to the display.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing to do really is to offer a wide variety of foods and hope that something triggers a feeding response. If you can find them, live blackworms are worth a try as well.
This is my thought. Once you get him feeding, soaking foods in general cure and focus for 14 days should clear up the internal parasites he likely has.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see anywhere that he was eating in display. It says in the first post that he treated and then it hasn't eaten much since, so he added him to the display.

Sorry I misread that post... further down he said it ate the “first week” but re-reading it sounds like it was in QT prior to the prazi.

I still don’t think it would still be a reaction to prazi this long after, but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
C

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes he ate the first week so for 2 1/2 + he has not been eating just waiting for the focus do get here then i will be feeding medicated food also going to add selcon and a little garlic extreme to temp him

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would try to soak mysis right now in selcon or garlic extreme to see if he will eat. That may trigger a response. if he eats it great. Then you can add the medication once you get the Focus.

Internal parasites can really be a pain. Good luck!

It certainly is a beautiful fish.

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, adding mediation to food and expecting a fish to eat that when he hasn't been eating for 2.5 weeks is wishful thinking. You need to get him eating food without medication first.
Maybe @eatbreakfast or @evolved the wrasse guru's can help out.

OP
OP
C

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not eating I’ve tried cyclopeze mysis with garlic brine nothing live yet selcon will be here tomorrow what I have noticed though is that he is chasing his image in the glass until he gets tired then lays down again

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape some paper to the sides...maybe hell chill out and eat for you.

Back