Lionfish help

  • Thread starter Thread starter littlefoxx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

littlefoxx

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
12,092
Reaction score
12,245
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king

Just had a quick question about one of my lions. I have a fu and she appears to be shedding. Looks like this. My fuzzy and volitan show no signs of anything.

I did a FW dip on her and looks like she had some gill flukes come out as well as the shedding. I started prazi.

Just want to make sure Im doing the right things? Based on some of your other posts that seems to be normal if they have something or they just shed sometimes. Just worried about her cause her face seems pale and her eyes are cloudy. She was eating last night when fed and she didnt look anything like this. First is her last night and second is her now. Water is a little cloudy at the moment as I just did a water change and noticed her looking like that.

Also added pictures of the other two I took just now and they are both acting normally.

IMG_4268.jpeg IMG_4264.jpeg IMG_4267.jpeg IMG_4266.jpeg
 
This can be OK. When healthy, this happens quickly, live overnight. See how it looks tomorrow. There are better lionfish experts in the fish forum if you want to hunt some of them down and invite them.
 
This can be OK. When healthy, this happens quickly, live overnight. See how it looks tomorrow. There are better lionfish experts in the fish forum if you want to hunt some of them down and invite them.
Thank you! This is what I read before posting but I just want to make sure. Shes new to my tank, got her from another reefer. She had been the only fish in his tank for a year or so. Ive just never seen my fuzzy or volitian do this before. Paranoid because these are my favorite fish!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new