Lipstick tang

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish into QT Immediately. If one has it, they all have it.
Unfortunately she can’t get access to any medication until tomorrow. Personally I would leave the other fish in the display until then assuming they are acting normally. In my opinion if they are all moved into the QT tonight and the lipstick dies overnight the ammonia levels could wipe the whole tank out.

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately she can’t get access to any medication until tomorrow. Personally I would leave the other fish in the display until then assuming they are acting normally. In my opinion if they are all moved into the QT tonight and the lipstick dies overnight the ammonia levels could wipe the whole tank out.
If velvet is caught early enough copper can work. If she has a QT Im assuming she has copper unless I missed that part.

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you must have missed it, it was on page 1. She has nothing and no access to anything due to time of night until tomorrow.:(
Yikes. I literally just today was able to add fish after 6+ weeks of being fallow. Velvet killed my whole tank in days. No spots or any indications on most of the fish. Hopefully she can pull through this.

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now feel physically sick
It’s hard seeing your fish sick and not being able to do anything about it. You are asking for help though which is the right thing to do. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here who can help you do the best you can but I’m not going to lie, Velvet is a rough disease and for me highlights the necessity for a good quarantine program. You are already a step ahead in that you have a qt set up.

The good news is the qt isn’t tiny, I make it 67g and although it’s not ideal with the Tangs it should be doable with plenty of hiding spaces for the fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
velvet or oodinum. What is water temp and salinity? Are you able to add oxygen?
PraziPro, furan may and should help.

Temp should be about 78 and salinity at 1.025 and even an airstone will help. remove carbon if any during treatment. If eyes are sinking in, you stand a chance for recovery

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to get CP (Chloronique Phosphate) is a vet. Maybe try the 24 hour emergency vet and then go to a 24 hour Pharmacy..
Definitely not true. You can get from many vendors on Ebay and from at least a few other sources I can see via Google. I can't vouch for the quality, but it is available - I bought mine there.

Dimmy007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not true. You can get from many vendors on Ebay and from at least a few other sources I can see via Google. I can't vouch for the quality, but it is available - I bought mine there.

I meant for an emergency situation to try to get help immediately . Not sure about the quality of online but it is another avenue to go down.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back