Lipstick tang

Discussion in 'Tank Emergency' started by Michelle Crossley, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ShaunRobinson

ShaunRobinson Active Member UK Reef Club Member

:( How big is the qt?

Frtdrmrose7 likes this.

2. Dimmy007

Dimmy007 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

All the fish into QT Immediately. If one has it, they all have it.

3. ShaunRobinson

Unfortunately she can’t get access to any medication until tomorrow. Personally I would leave the other fish in the display until then assuming they are acting normally. In my opinion if they are all moved into the QT tonight and the lipstick dies overnight the ammonia levels could wipe the whole tank out.

4. Dimmy007

Dimmy007 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

If velvet is caught early enough copper can work. If she has a QT Im assuming she has copper unless I missed that part.

5. ShaunRobinson

Yes you must have missed it, it was on page 1. She has nothing and no access to anything due to time of night until tomorrow.:(

Dimmy007 likes this.
  6. Michelle Crossley

Michelle Crossley Active Member

It is 3ft X 2ft X 18inch

7. Dimmy007

Yikes. I literally just today was able to add fish after 6+ weeks of being fallow. Velvet killed my whole tank in days. No spots or any indications on most of the fish. Hopefully she can pull through this.

8. Michelle Crossley

Michelle Crossley Active Member

I now feel physically sick

9. Dimmy007

The only way to get CP (Chloronique Phosphate) is a vet. Maybe try the 24 hour emergency vet and then go to a 24 hour Pharmacy..

10. ShaunRobinson

It’s hard seeing your fish sick and not being able to do anything about it. You are asking for help though which is the right thing to do. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here who can help you do the best you can but I’m not going to lie, Velvet is a rough disease and for me highlights the necessity for a good quarantine program. You are already a step ahead in that you have a qt set up.

The good news is the qt isn’t tiny, I make it 67g and although it’s not ideal with the Tangs it should be doable with plenty of hiding spaces for the fish.

reef lover likes this.
  11. Dimmy007

Any Updates??

bbones likes this.
  12. drblakjak55

drblakjak55 Active Member

At midnight you can add ten pennies to the qt until you can get the right meds

13. Frtdrmrose7

Frtdrmrose7 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa

Old school!

14. clm65

clm65 Active Member R2R Supporter

You will probably need old pennies to go with the old school approach. According to the web, pennies went from about 95% copper to about 2.5% copper in 1982.

Giddyup and Frtdrmrose7 like this.
  15. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

velvet or oodinum. What is water temp and salinity? Are you able to add oxygen?
    PraziPro, furan may and should help.

Temp should be about 78 and salinity at 1.025 and even an airstone will help. remove carbon if any during treatment. If eyes are sinking in, you stand a chance for recovery

16. bblumberg

bblumberg Active Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor

Definitely not true. You can get from many vendors on Ebay and from at least a few other sources I can see via Google. I can't vouch for the quality, but it is available - I bought mine there.

17. Dimmy007

I meant for an emergency situation to try to get help immediately . Not sure about the quality of online but it is another avenue to go down.

18. Amit Singh

Amit Singh Member

Any update on your Naso in QT or rest of DT fishes?

Draft saved Draft deleted