Little mini filtration stand I built until we get moved into the new house

Ascott7788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of whatever, but it works until we get moved in to our bigger place and have an actual area for setup!
20200805_182003.jpg
20200805_182015.jpg
20200805_182035.jpg

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks nice and portable. It also give me an idea for remounting my RODI on both sides of a board and use drawer slides to make it slide out from a cabinet for filter changes.

OP
OP
Ascott7788

Ascott7788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks nice and portable. It also give me an idea for remounting my RODI on both sides of a board and use drawer slides to make it slide out from a cabinet for filter changes.
We originally had it with just the four and mounted on one side of a much larger piece. It was starting to get just unmanageable. So I broke out the saw and whatnot one day and came up with this mount for it. Like I said, not much, but it gets the job done! And glad I could spark your thought process for something new!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it works that's all that matters, sometimes you need to be creative with RODI systems as they can be a pain to keep in a convenient place. This setup worked really well for me when we rented :)

Resized_20180610_211340_5942.jpeg

downloadfile-18.jpg

OP
OP
Ascott7788

Ascott7788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it works that's all that matters, sometimes you need to be creative with RODI systems as they can be a pain to keep in a convenient place. This setup worked really well for me when we rented :)

Resized_20180610_211340_5942.jpeg

downloadfile-18.jpg
That looks super nice and convenient but unfortunately we're technically not supposed to have the fish tank in here so we have to be super careful on hiding everything and they like to pass through quite a bit since they're fairly new apartments... we've had to do code inspecting and whatnot. Thankfully our German Shepherd keeps them pretty distracted and runs them out the door fairly easily!

OP
OP
Ascott7788

Ascott7788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks super nice and convenient but unfortunately we're technically not supposed to have the fish tank in here so we have to be super careful on hiding everything and they like to pass through quite a bit since they're fairly new apartments... we've had to do code inspecting and whatnot. Thankfully our German Shepherd keeps them pretty distracted and runs them out the door fairly easily!
What size do you have??

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could easily make it so there was no visible parts to it. A saddle valve and T valve off the sink lines you can close and roll the lines up into the cabinet. Or a much easier way to explain it is say it's for making drinking water. They can't really argue against that too much... ;Smuggrin

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back