Little snail army? Help ID

Michael_Henry7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
42
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I looked in my tank tonight and saw a large population of small snails all over everything. These pictures aren’t great but do your best. Need to know if I should be concerned or not, they almost look like baby turbo but I know that’s not very likely.

IMG_0079.jpeg IMG_0080.jpeg
 
hard to tell when they're that small.

Do you have trochus snails? They will spawn in our aquariums which is great since trochus snails are such great cleaners. I frequently have baby trochus that look more or less like that before they start developing color.
 
hard to tell when they're that small.

Do you have trochus snails? They will spawn in our aquariums which is great since trochus snails are such great cleaners. I frequently have baby trochus that look more or less like that before they start developing color.
I do have a few I just didn’t think these little guys were trochus because the spiral part of the shell is on the side (its green in the picture)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new