Live Aquaria has change from 14 to 7 day arrive alive stay alive guarantee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted everyone to be aware that Live Aquaria, under new management, has changed from 14 day to 7 day alive guarantee effective 12/11/20.
Oh so I mentioned several times that LA is going down hill and I was right.

I was ok with them but wish they were like before.

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Box charge... increased minimum cost for free shipping... no more refunds, only store credit... raised prices even before COVID... supposedly more DOAs... and now this.

Still, 7 days is better than what some other sites offer.

Lahey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What websites are people buying their livestock from now that Live Aquaria has predictably gone downhill?

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally never buy anything from. Them. I’ve heard nothing but horror stories. Only place I would purchase fish from online would have to be tsmaquatics.com

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted everyone to be aware that Live Aquaria, under new management, has changed from 14 day to 7 day alive guarantee effective 12/11/20.
Plus they only refund the amount you paid for the product. Then they said they would replace but I had to pay for shipping and a container fee. I told them that I didn't want my money back but wanted the product I purchased alive. They caved and reshipped. Happy now but stand up for what is right.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good success with Live aquaria. I would like to try other smaller places, but always out of stock on other sites when I've "needed" fish.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m rooting for more of the small guys to inventory up with this opportunity presented by DD changing their guarantee.

I just purchased two healthy blotched Anthias from NY Aquatics for less than the cost of the one on DD’s website and still had plenty of money left over to buy Copper Power for my QT.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a dig at anyone here or a defense of any particular business, but I cant think of a worse business then to run an online fish store...

People expect you to guarantee a fish wont have any complications, even through you have no control over how the shipper handles them, how the customer acclimates them, what the conditions of the tank they're added to are, how they are collected and cared for by the wholesaler, etc... If it dies, its pretty much the businesses fault no matter what... Just the shipping process alone can turn a vibrant, healthy fish into a sick fish. Then people assume the source is the problem -vs- just bad luck :/

I do believe the sources that are selling pre-quarantined fish are next level and the future of the industry, but when they have shipping losses, its prob 3-4x worse than the other guys! (All these places must write off a ton in losses per year)

Sushibar

Just a man living his plan!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Placed a order for something my wife wanted (2 porcelain crabs) that was in stock when I ordered it. I decided to add some snails for the frag system to get to the “free shipping”. The order was scheduled for delivery on the 6th originally. Long story short, They just delivered it yesterday and decided to change my order and leave the only things I need to keep the wife happy out. 18 of the snails were just empty shells.

what a waste of time!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed a order for something my wife wanted (2 porcelain crabs) that was in stock when I ordered it. I decided to add some snails for the frag system to get to the “free shipping”. The order was scheduled for delivery on the 6th originally. Long story short, They just delivered it yesterday and decided to change my order and leave the only things I need to keep the wife happy out. 18 of the snails were just empty shells.

what a waste of time!
So 18 snails and two crabs for $150? I am dealing two online companies now with my coral orders. I will soon post an update. Just want to see how they will handle it first.

Sushibar

Just a man living his plan!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
So 18 snails and two crabs for $150? I am dealing two online companies now with my coral orders. I will soon post an update. Just want to see how they will handle it first.
No. It was $75 worth for free shipping. 18 of them were shipped out just empty. They didn’t die in transit. They were packed up as just shells. Then they just decided to ship the order without the crabs and automatically refund the cost of the crabs. I would have just said cancel the order because the whole point of the order was to get my wife something she wanted.
still haven’t heard back from them yet.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sushibar We apologize your order was unable to ship complete. If you would like to send a PM with the order number and your email, we would be happy to review the order. Thank you for the opportunity to address the concerns and discuss possible resolutions.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back