Live Aquaria Guarantees/Quality?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a few reef safe wrasses, and I see Live Aquaria has some of the ones I want that my LFS doesn’t get.

Has anyone ordered reef safe wrasses from live aquaria (fairy and flashers)?

Does Live Aquaria honor their guarantee if the fish arrive dead?

Is there anything I should know before ordering from Live Aquaria? I used to have great luck with them a few years back, but I have not ordered anything from them in a long while.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to order with them when they were Flying Fish Express the Dr’s Foster & Smith bought them out then they got bought out and became Live Aquria, i used to check the Diver’s Den every night for year’s but then a few year’s ago the prices went insane and the quality and size of the coral’s turned to garbage, a few week’s ago i saw them post something on Facebook so i gave them a look just out of curiosity and i saw that they were getting some nice coral back in and the prices looked much better then they were and the coral’s were nice size to, last week i decided to give them a shot again i got a nice Australian cabbage leather 6 inch piece it was $129 and i got a large Dusky Wrasse on sale $53, the wrasse came in pretty big a little over 4 inch and thick, he went under the sand and hasn’t come out yet, i put him in on Friday, i looked at all their fairy wrasses to they are all priced about right except the shark fin fairy wrasse is priced off the wall, they have it priced at $549 and i see it all over going for $50 to $100

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since Petco sold them off in 2020, their livestock quality gone far downhill to the point where even Diver’s Den offerings may be questionable.

Plenty of other great online fish retailers out there now. I would look at TSM, Dr. Reefs, Reef Beauties, Blue Zoo, NY Aquatic, Violet Aquarium, even World Wide Corals for dependable livestock and good wrasse selection (NY Aquatic seems to get the most fairy variety).

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would shop elsewhere.
LA has gone downhill so bad I don't see how they stay in business

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
They are still not even close to being what they used to be.
The only time they are mentioned any more is complaints.
I was tempted to try them again but then I remembered the last 3 shipments I got from them..........

Seattlguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They actually have gotten better from where they were a few years ago
Ordered a few fish to try them out. Received an email today that they haven't been able to fill the order and if that doesn't change by tomorrow it will be cancelled.
On one hand I am happy they aren't dragging it out or giving just credit...but on the other, why would you sell product you can't fill orders for?

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first batch of fish came from there. A flame hawk, a midas blenny, and 6 chromis.
They were packed fine and everything arrived alive, even though Fedex effed up.
Naturally, I only have 3 chromis because that's just what they do, but the flame hawk and midas are still doing great over 3 months later.

If memory serves correct, they have a place in wisconsin and in california...you can see where each fish comes from. Go with the wisconsin joint. For me, living in Michigan and having fish shipped from California is pushing it.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a few fish to try them out. Received an email today that they haven't been able to fill the order and if that doesn't change by tomorrow it will be cancelled.
On one hand I am happy they aren't dragging it out or giving just credit...but on the other, why would you sell product you can't fill orders for?
They run out of stock and have to order more and sometimes the wholesaler might not have what they’re looking for in stock either happens all the time

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back