Live Aquaria livestock guarantee question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jrsmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a bunch of fish from Live Aquaria and some of them didn't make it past the second day. On their website it says they'll issue store credit. I'm wondering if it's possible to have my card credited instead because I don't see myself making another purchase for a while. Does anyone know if they offer this?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe It used to be able to credit back to your credit card upon request. However, since they have changed a lot and I haven’t purchased from them in awhile, so I would give them a call.

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above^^^ kept sending dead animals even received a freshwater fish with an order but have no freshwater tank! theyd always offer credit and then I’d feel obligated to buy again because of the credit. after last time, when I ordered fifty scarlet hermits but half were empty shells I just opened a paypal claim and got my money back. After years of being a dedicated customer, I now avoid them like the plague!

Geckko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you argue with them you can sometimes get it credited back to your card. Happened to me a few months ago.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad that LiveAquaria is not what it used to be! Poor quality livestock, poor shipping, poor guarantees, poor customer service...poor everything with them these days!!!
bsa
Can’t agree more. We all miss the old LA and Dr. foster. Seems like Petco had increased their prices slightly and haven’t see any of those $30 or 30% off lately.

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad that LiveAquaria is not what it used to be! Poor quality livestock, poor shipping, poor guarantees, poor customer service...poor everything with them these days!!!
bsa

I agree with you. They sent me a tropical fish and instead of a heating pad(which I am accustomed to), they used a COLD one! Needless to say, it was DOA.

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything now is credit to your account AND (this is a big one) STORE CREDIT EXPIRES!!! I think its something like 2 or 3 months but you have to use that credit or you lose it. I had an issue in december but didn't get around to ordering anything I liked from them until recently and after a bit of complaining they finally gave me my credit back which they said expired in the beginning of March. Also with an order I just placed the fish from Divers Den came in OK but the (2) cleaner shrimp that shipped from their other warehouse came in DOA. The water was so hot that I think they literally cooked the shrimp (the heat pad was right on the bags).

From now on I think I am only going to order things from Divers Den because that seems to be the only decent part of the company left

Amtrack5899

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to salt water and am setting up a 120 gallon reef ready tank. I was going to purchase some fish from Live Aquaria because I thought they were a good source for pre quarantined and pre conditioned fish but after reading some responses on this forum I am having second thoughts. Where is the best source for pre quarantined salt water fish?

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to salt water and am setting up a 120 gallon reef ready tank. I was going to purchase some fish from Live Aquaria because I thought they were a good source for pre quarantined and pre conditioned fish but after reading some responses on this forum I am having second thoughts. Where is the best source for pre quarantined salt water fish?

There are not many places that offer pre quarantined fish, most places will run them through a round of Prazi and copper but nothing that could be called fully quarantined. The only place that I have heard of that comes close would be https://marinecollectors.com/fish but you pay for that extra service in the cost of the fish.

I am local to NY Aquatic (who is a sponsor here) so I get the majority of my fish from him. Heard good things about his shipping, pricing is great and he has the 14 day guarantee.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you argue with them you can sometimes get it credited back to your card. Happened to me a few months ago.

I had the same experience. If you call and speak with them you may be able to get a refund on your credit card.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worse is to get a credit...you must produce a dead fish pic. Great if you have quarantine tank but why buy quantified fish if I can’t put them in my reef?

I put in three anthias, next day two we’re MIA. My reef is full so they went in the rocks to croak or clean up crew had them in seconds. Kinda hard to get pick if dead fish that’s missing.

Just so you know.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worse is to get a credit...you must produce a dead fish pic. Great if you have quarantine tank but why buy quantified fish if I can’t put them in my reef?
LiveAquaria and Divers Den are not QT’d fish... buyer needs to QT them.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had any problems with divers den fish. Some problems with fish people over magnify. It’s our responsibility to quarantine, unless you pay for a quarantine service.

Marten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Near the Mt. that's Magic in Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When every I had an issue with LiveAquaria or DiversDen, they have always just issued a refund to my paypal account. Last occurrence was last month. I usually just send them an email with a picture of the deceased item and was issued a prompt refund.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely avoid this place like the plague. I recommend TSM aquatics. I received my order today and my purple tang and hippo look very well fed. No marks or frayed fins. Live aquaria on the other hand, sent me dead fish a few times. That should not be normal or okay. I felt like a stabbing to the stomach being involved in that. The fear of opening an other bag with a dead animal inside, kept me from online ordering for a few years. Never again live aquaria, keep your credit and buy some better help with it.

OP
OP
J

jrsmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Do most of these issues seem to stem from the California facility? I see some ORA fish that I like and know that ORA sells healthy, disease free fish.

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of the livestock I ordered came from their California spot. All either arrived dead or dying with zero response from the support team.

I haven't heard anything bad about ORA and haven't had problems with their frozen foods, for what it's worth. <3

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back