Live Aquaria sent me the wrong fish! What is this?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA gave me a store credit for a square spot anthias i lost yesterday in QT where in my account do i see the credit i dont see it and how do i use it

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
LA gave me a store credit for a square spot anthias i lost yesterday in QT where in my account do i see the credit i dont see it and how do i use it
When you want to use it, mention it to the cs person that you have credit. It also might help if you have the order number the credit on file came from.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To use a Credit on File with us, if placing your order online, all you need do is add a comment on the order to use available credit on file. We will add this and adjust payment on the order with the credit on your account. This may also be used directly on the order if you call in to place your order with our call center agents Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm CST.

Unfortunately, we do not have a way for customers to see credit on file on our site at this time, however, you may contact our call center via phone, email or live chat to look into the amount of credit on your account or for any other assistance you may need.

Contact us!

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some cool fish though.

I feel sorry for all the fish and corals going to the wrong places. What if they are sent to people who are not equipped to take care of them? Can you imagine someone with a 20 gallon tank receiving a large Angel or something? What if there was no LFS nearby?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some cool fish though.

I feel sorry for all the fish and corals going to the wrong places. What if they are sent to people who are not equipped to take care of them? Can you imagine someone with a 20 gallon tank receiving a large Angel or something? What if there was no LFS nearby?

Agreed. Being shipped the wrong animal isn't always a good thing.

Given the increased free shipping threshold, change from money refund to credit only, and the seemingly increase in shipping errors and/or perceived decline in quality of livestock, I think I'll be shopping around a bit for my next livestock order instead of going straight to LA like usual. I'm really not a fan of multiple changes in a short period of time that all go against the consumer.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be aware that those dartfish are jumpers! They are fun to have as a group though....
Agreed. I have 2. one was more shy. For awhile I had a lid but the overflow didn’t have a cover due to the light mount. The shy one always managed to get through the overflow teeth since there was no lid and would get in the sump.

also I hope you have room for the 5 surprise fish in addition to the anthias! Plus one already mentioned those look like tassel filefish and they get big!

WhiteTailFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200122_112748.jpg
IMG_20200122_112754.jpg
Your carpet nearly gave me a heart attack. Looks looks like large bin full of meal worms!!

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200126_182806__01__01.jpg

As an update @LiveAquaria called me and offered to ship 2x DD WYSIWYG Trios of Anthias the very next day as a replacement for the ones I had bought and they shipped in error to someone else. I agreed to this instead of a refund and the fish arrived healthy and are happily going through QT protocol. They eat ravenously and accept both frozen and pellets, I'm very happy with my experience with Live Aquaria regardless of the mix up. They made the effort to fix the mistakes and that's important for a company to do!

Bravo!

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you put that "bad karma" crap on me. Your employee was too lazy or too inept to deal with it.

So yeah, before you go implying that I ripped you off.. I CALLED, informed them what happened and that the fish was actually smaller than the fish I originally paid for, the guy was like..ummmm, well, I'm not quite sure.. just keep it.

"So we are cool?" "Yeah we are cool"

I've kept plenty of free stuff from corporate error. That doesn't mean it's ethically correct.

Interestingly, I consistently return undue extra change at cash registers and arranged for getting deliveries left at my doorstep to their rightful owners. Perhaps out of some Freudian guilt of the free things I got for which I didn't pay.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200126_182806__01__01.jpg

As an update @LiveAquaria called me and offered to ship 2x DD WYSIWYG Trios of Anthias the very next day as a replacement for the ones I had bought and they shipped in error to someone else. I agreed to this instead of a refund and the fish arrived healthy and are happily going through QT protocol. They eat ravenously and accept both frozen and pellets, I'm very happy with my experience with Live Aquaria regardless of the mix up. They made the effort to fix the mistakes and that's important for a company to do!

Bravo!
Glad the fish arrived safe and sound! Thanks again for your patience and the update.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've received wrong fish from LA. Ordered lemon chromis I believe and got staghorn damsels? I think. Not what I wanted in my tank, but the 6 of them survived my tank disaster! They just gave me a credit as what I'd wanted wasn't in stock. I like using LA for their warranty

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back